Hi, I’m Enrico!
I like software that sparks joy, tabletop role-playing games and learning new things.
- most of my current work consists in designing and implementing high-level, high-performance data analysis interfaces for high-energy physics in ROOT; I describe the larger context of this work in my invited plenary talk at ACAT 2022
- in my free time I’m working on Kobold, a static site generator written in Rust with a friendly CLI interface
- over the years I built a number of small Telegram bots to help with various tasks – lastdatestanding_bot in particular turned out to be surprisingly useful
- in the past I worked extensively on TVO, a PyTorch package for unsupervised learning via truncated variational optimization; the background of this work is described in my PhD thesis
Here are my dotfiles and an Ansible playbook to re-create my environment starting from a base Arch Linux installation.
Languages and tools I use frequently
Rust • C++ • Python • fish • Helix • perf • Taskwarrior • Ansible • Syncthing
Selected publications and talks
- Boosting RDataFrame performance with transparent bulk event processing , E. Guiraud et al., CHEP 2023
- Simpler, faster and bigger: HEP analysis in the LHC Run 3 era, E. Guiraud, ACAT 2022 (invited plenary)
- Evolutionary Variational Optimization of Generative Models, J. Drefs, E. Guiraud and J. Lücke, JMLR 2022
- RDataFrame enhancements for HEP analyses, E. Guiraud, ACAT 2021
- Scalable unsupervised learning for deep discrete generative models, E. Guiraud, PhD thesis, University of Oldenburg 2021
- Distributed data analysis with ROOT RDataFrame, V. Padulano, J. Villanueva, E. Guiraud and E. Saavedra, CHEP 2020
- RDataFrame: Easy Parallel ROOT Analysis at 100 Threads, D. Piparo, P. Canal, E. Guiraud et al., CHEP 2018
- Evolutionary expectation maximization, E. Guiraud, J. Drefs and J. Lücke, GECCO 2018
Where to find me
- here at codekobold.io!
- GitLab: most personal projects
- GitHub: mostly work-related projects
- feel free to get in touch at email@example.com
About this site
This website is made with
love Kobold, a simple static site generator that I wrote to practice Rust.
There is a link to the website sources in the footer if you are curious.
This site is designed to last and follows the principles of the indie web.
The website content is licensed under CC BY 4.0.
The search bar is powered by Pagefind, a client-only search solution written in Rust and compiled to web-assembly.
The icons used in the footer are created by Freepik - Flaticon.